Monthly Archives: March 2017

Student charged in alleged plot for mass shooting at school

THURMONT, Md. (AP) — Police in Maryland say a student accused of meticulously planning a mass shooting at her high school has been formally charged.

The Frederick County Sheriff’s Office says in a news release that 18-year-old Nicole Cevario of Thurmont was served with arrest warrants Friday. She is being held without bond.

Police last week had identified the woman as Nichole Cevario, but corrected the spelling of her first name on Friday.

She is charged with two felonies involving a destructive device.

Deputies say they found a shotgun, ammunition and bomb-making materials including nails and fireworks at Cevario’s home on March 23. Law enforcers had gone there after Cevario’s father reported he found evidence of the alleged plot.

WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-

Student plotted mass shooting at school, deputies say

THURMONT, Md. (AP) — Police in Maryland say a student accused of meticulously planning a mass shooting at her high school has been formally charged.

The Frederick County Sheriff’s Office says in a news release that 18-year-old Nicole Cevario of Thurmont was served with arrest warrants Friday. She is being held without bond.

Police last week had identified the woman as Nichole Cevario, but corrected the spelling of her first name on Friday.

She is charged with two felonies involving a destructive device.

Deputies say they found a shotgun, ammunition and bomb-making materials including nails and fireworks at Cevario’s home on March 23. Law enforcers had gone there after Cevario’s father reported he found evidence of the alleged plot.

Read more at: http://wncn.com/2017/03/31/student-plotted-mass-shooting-at-school-deputies-say/

Racist mass killer Dylann Roof who shot dead nine people at church pleads guilty to avoid second death sentence

CONVICTED mass murderer Dylann Roof, who shot dead nine black people at a church, is set to plead guilty to state charges of murder in a bid to avoid a second death penalty.

White supremacist Roof, 22, killed nine African-American church-goers in cold blood during a bible study meeting in June 2015.

Dylann Roof

Roof gunned down nine churchgoers during a bible meeting

The killer, who has shown no remorse since the massacre, waited until his victims had their eyes closed for prayer before he gunned them down.

Roof was sentenced to death back in January after a federal jury found him guilty of 33 charges including hate crimes resulting in death.

Dylann Roof

The white supremacist has shown no remorse over his crimes

He is now set to enter a guilty plea to state

Read more at: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3228531/racist-mass-killer-dylann-roof-shot-dead-nine-black-people-church-changes-plea-guilty-death-penalty/

Man who threatened mass shooting at Albany VA hospital pleads guilty


ALBANY — A Rochester-area man who called a veterans help line last summer and said he would “kill everybody” at Stratton VA Medical Center in Albany pleaded guilty Friday to threatening a mass shooting.

Robert J. Seifert, 58, of Canandaigua, who made the threats three days after a mass shooter killed 49 people and wounded 53 others at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, admitted to a charge of making an interstate threat to injure another.

Seifert had been headed to trial Tuesday before U.S. District Court Judge Mae D’Agostino charged on that crime and two counts of threatening to assault and kill a U.S. official.

Seifert, who has been in custody since July 14, is

Read more at: http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Man-who-threatened-mass-shooting-at-Albany-VA-11041593.php

Who was ‘Angel of Death’ Donald Harvey? Mass murderer dead after prison beating

Who was ‘Angel of Death’ Donald Harvey?

Donald Harvey, a self-styled ‘angel of death’, was an American serial killer who murdered at least 37 people between 1970 and 1987. Most of his victims were patients at Ohio and Kentucky hospitals where he worked as a medical assistant.

Harvey was born in Butler County, Ohio on 15 April 1952. He died on 30 March 2017 after being badly beaten by a fellow inmate at at Toledo Correctional Institution. He was 64-years-old.

How many people did ‘Angel of Death’ Donald Harvey kill?

Harvey claims to have killed 87 people but this is disputed by authorities.

In 1987 his 17 year spree was brought to an end when he pleaded guilty to the murder of 37 people. Police believe it is possible he killed a further 20.

How did ‘Angel of Death’ Donald Harvey kill his victims?

In 1970, aged 18, Harvey took his first job

Read more at: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/who-was-he-angel-death-donald-harvey-mass-murderer-dead-after-prison-beating-1614689

2 arrested in mass shooting at Cincinnati nightclub

CINCINNATI, Ohio (WLWT) — Two people have been arrested in connection to a mass shooting at a Cincinnati nightclub, police announced during a Thursday evening press conference.

Cornell Beckley, 27, and Deondre Davis, 29, were arrested in connection to Sunday morning’s shooting at Cameo Nightclub. Both face a murder charge, and additional charges are expected, police said.

Cornell Beckley, 27,

Read more at: http://wdtn.com/2017/03/31/2-arrested-in-mass-shooting-at-cincinnati-nightclub/

Two charged with murder in mass shooting at Cincinnati nightclub

CINCINNATI (FOX19) –

Cincinnati Police on Thursday announced arrests in the worst mass shooting in the city’s history.

Cornell Beckley, 27 and Deondre Davis, 29 are charged with murder in connection to a shootout inside Cameo Nightclub that injured 16 and left one man dead Sunday.

Fugitive Apprehension agents arrested Beckley Thursday on Colerain Avenue, Chief Eliot Isaac said. Davis was wounded in the shooting and is in critical condition at University of Cincinnati Medical Center.

More charges will likely be filed against both men. 

Mayor John Cranley and other city leaders joined Isaac in announcing the first major developments since gunmen opened fire inside the club Sunday. 

“This began as an altercation in the nightclub,” said Isaac. “It escalated into individuals being able to sneak guns into the bar and shots being fired.”

The club was supposed to be checking patrons for weapons.

Read more at: http://www.fox19.com/story/35035857/cincinnati-police-to-provide-significant-update-in-cameo-nightclub-shooting

Please, no death penalty for worst OC mass killer: Victim’s kin …

Scott Evans Dekraai. Photo courtesy of the OCSD
Scott Evans Dekraai. Photo courtesy of the OCSD

A family member of two of Scott Dekraai‘s victims appealed to state prosecutors Thursday to drop a death penalty quest against the worst mass killer in Orange County’s history.

Bethany Webb made her appeal to officials from the Attorney General’s Office following a hearing in Dekraai’s case. Her sister, Laura Webb Elody, was among those killed in the 2011 deadly ambush at a Seal Beach beauty salon, which their mother, Hattie Stretz, survived.

Webb also told Orange County Superior Court Judge Thomas Goethals during the hearing that she appealed to state prosecutors prior to Wednesday’s announcement that they will continue to pursue capital punishment for Dekraai.

She said she had asked that they take the death penalty off the table and let the defendant be sentenced

Read more at: http://mynewsla.com/orange-county/2017/03/30/please-no-death-penalty-for-worst-oc-mass-killer-victims-kin-desperate-to-end-fatally-flawed-case/

Please, no death penalty for worst OC mass killer: Victim’s kin desperate to end ‘fatally flawed’ case

Scott Evans Dekraai. Photo courtesy of the OCSD
Scott Evans Dekraai. Photo courtesy of the OCSD

A family member of two of Scott Dekraai‘s victims appealed to state prosecutors Thursday to drop a death penalty quest against the worst mass killer in Orange County’s history.

Bethany Webb made her appeal to officials from the Attorney General’s Office following a hearing in Dekraai’s case. Her sister, Laura Webb Elody, was among those killed in the 2011 deadly ambush at a Seal Beach beauty salon, which their mother, Hattie Stretz, survived.

Webb also told Orange County Superior Court Judge Thomas Goethals during the hearing that she appealed to state prosecutors prior to Wednesday’s announcement that they will continue to pursue capital punishment for Dekraai.

She said she had asked that they take the death penalty off the table and let the defendant be sentenced

Read more at: http://mynewsla.com/orange-county/2017/03/30/please-no-death-penalty-for-worst-oc-mass-killer-victims-kin-desperate-to-end-fatally-flawed-case/