Tag Archives: accused

Surprise! Cops find Adolf Hitler speech in accused racist spree killer’s home

In searching the home of Kenneth Gleason, whom authorities suspect of killing two African-American men and shooting at the home of an African-American family, investigators found at least one speech by Nazi leader Adolf Hitler. After Gleason’s arrest last Sunday on drug charges, authorities had said, “there is a strong possibility [the killings] could be racially motivated.” Gleason was booked on two charges of first-degree murder.


At a press conference after Gleason’s arrest and booking, Interim Baton Rouge Police Chief Jonny Dunnam called the killings “brutal murders” and said that Gleason, “could have potentially created a [tear] in the fabric that holds this community together.” Racial tensions remain high in the city following the 2016 fatal police shooting of Alton Sterling. After someone reportedly called to complain

Read more at: http://www.salon.com/2017/09/19/kenneth-gleason-adolf-hitler-speech/

Fundraiser held for family of accused mass murderer

KALAMAZOO (WKZO AM/FM) —  Kalamazoo is a remarkably forgiving and supportive community, traits that have been tested and demonstrated by the mass shooting, and the bicycle tragedy, and most recently when five teens died in a fiery crash in Comstock Township. 

It was demonstrated again over the weekend when a fundraiser was held for the family of Jason Dalton, the suspected gunman in last year’s mass shooting.

Carol Dalton filed for divorce shortly after.   The event held at Comstock High included a silent auction and the sale of other goods. 

The proceeds are intended to help his wife and two children get back on their feet.

Organizer Ashley Bilyk says Dalton’s family members are victims too, in their own way.  

 She has also organized and conducted a fundraiser for Abigail Kopf, one of Dalton’s victims.

 

 

Read more at: http://wkzo.com/news/articles/2017/sep/17/fundraiser-held-for-family-of-accused-mass-murderer/

Fundraiser held for family of accused mass murderer | News | WKZO

KALAMAZOO (WKZO AM/FM) —  Kalamazoo is a remarkably forgiving and supportive community, traits that have been tested and demonstrated by the mass shooting, and the bicycle tragedy, and most recently when five teens died in a fiery crash in Comstock Township. 

It was demonstrated again over the weekend when a fundraiser was held for the family of Jason Dalton, the suspected gunman in last year’s mass shooting.

Carol Dalton filed for divorce shortly after.   The event held at Comstock High included a silent auction and the sale of other goods. 

The proceeds are intended to help his wife and two children get back on their feet.

Organizer Ashley Bilyk says Dalton’s family members are victims too, in their own way.  

 She has also organized and conducted a fundraiser for Abigail Kopf, one of Dalton’s victims.

 

 

Read more at: http://wkzo.com/news/articles/2017/sep/17/fundraiser-held-for-family-of-accused-mass-murderer/

Fresno shooting spree: Jury to decide accused accused killer …

A jury will decide whether accused spree killer Kori Muhammad is mentally competent to stand trial. The trial will begin Oct. 13.

The prosecution asked for the trial Tuesday after Muhammad’s lawyer and the Fresno County District Attorney’s office could not agree on Muhammad’s mental state. Two court-appointed doctors ruled him unfit, while a psychologist hired by the prosecution deemed him able to stand trial.

As he has at previous hearings, Muhammad yelled “let black people go and reparations,” “Allahu Akbar” and a few other inaudible comments as Judge Brian Alvarez attempted to close Tuesday’s hearing.

In June, Muhammad was found unfit to stand trial by court-appointed psychologist Richard Kendall. The details of Kendall’s report are confidential. Muhammad’s lawyer, Richard Beshwate Jr., said his client has a documented history of schizophrenia and has been taking medication while in jail.

More Videos

Read more at: http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/crime/article172833846.html

Jury will decide if accused spree killer Muhammad can stand trial

A jury will decide whether accused spree killer Kori Muhammad is mentally competent to stand trial. The trial will begin Oct. 13.

The decision comes after Muhammad’s lawyer and the Fresno County District Attorney’s office could not agree on his mental state. Two court-appointed doctors ruled him unfit, while a psychologist hired by the prosecution deemed him able to stand trial.

As he has at previous hearings, Muhammad yelled “let black people go and reparations,” “Allahu Akbar” and a few other inaudible comments over Judge Brian Alvarez as the judge attempted to close the hearing.

In June, Muhammad was found unfit to stand by court-appointed psychologist Richard Kendall. The details of Kendall’s report are confidential. Muhammad’s lawyer, Richard Beshwate Jr., said his client had a documented history of schizophrenia and has been taking medication while in jail.

After Kendall’s finding, the prosecution asked for a second opinion. Howard

Read more at: http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/crime/article172833846.html

Brit soldier accused of being in neo-Nazi group with two others ‘downloaded mass murderer Anders Breivik’s manifesto …

A BRITISH soldier accused of being a member of a banned neo-Nazi terror group downloaded the manifesto of Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik, a court heard today.

Lance Corporal Mikko Vevhilainen, 32, appeared in the dock alongside Private Mark Barrett, 24, and civilian Alexander Deakin, 22, who are also accused of being members of National Action.

 An artist's sketch of Alexander Deakin, left, Mikko Vehvilainen, middle, and Mark Barrett, right, at Westminster magistrates court today
An artist’s sketch of Alexander Deakin, left, Mikko Vehvilainen, middle, and Mark Barrett, right, at Westminster magistrates court today

All three are charged with being members of the far-right organisation – which was outlawed under counter-terrorism laws last December.

Vevhilainen is also accused of being in possession of a document titled “2083: A European Declaration of Independence”.

Breivik wrote the racist manifesto before he slaughtered 77 people and

Read more at: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4447187/british-soldiers-neo-nazi-group-pictured-anders-breivik/

Brit soldier accused of being in neo-Nazi group with two others …

A BRITISH soldier accused of being a member of a banned neo-Nazi terror group downloaded the manifesto of Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik, a court heard today.

Lance Corporal Mikko Vevhilainen, 32, appeared in the dock alongside Private Mark Barrett, 24, and civilian Alexander Deakin, 22, who are also accused of being members of National Action.

 An artist's sketch of Alexander Deakin, left, Mikko Vehvilainen, middle, and Mark Barrett, right, at Westminster magistrates court today
An artist’s sketch of Alexander Deakin, left, Mikko Vehvilainen, middle, and Mark Barrett, right, at Westminster magistrates court today

All three are charged with being members of the far-right organisation – which was outlawed under counter-terrorism laws last December.

Vevhilainen is also accused of being in possession of a document titled “2083: A European Declaration of Independence”.

Breivik wrote the racist manifesto before he slaughtered 77 people and

Read more at: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4447187/british-soldiers-neo-nazi-group-pictured-anders-breivik/

Army corporal accused of belonging to banned neo-Nazi group with two others ‘had pepper spray and Norway mass …

  • Two soldiers and another man accused of being part of banned National Action
  • Charges against one soldier include having terrorist document and Breivik book
  • The only civilian defendant, 22, tells court he is a ‘prisoner of conscience’

Richard Spillett, Crime Correspondent For Mailonline

Teen accused of mass shooting will remain behind bars

Thursday was an emotional day in court, as the teen charged with shooting six people and killing two of them faced a judge.

Nathaniel Jouett, 16, didn’t make eye contact with anyone in the courtroom.

But his own family members, and the relatives of the victims, were in the room.

Prosecutors asked that the teen charged with going on a shooting rampage stay behind bars.

“We believe the child represents a danger to himself and to others, and we are recommending detention,” Prosecutor Brian Stover said.

His attorney agreed for now, he should stay behind bars.

“Your honor, we have no objection to continued detention,” the defense attorney said.

A grand jury meets Sept. 8 and they’ll decide if he’ll be indicted as an adult.

The district attorney is filing that paperwork

After the hearing, there were hugs and tears, from his family and the victims of a horrific crime in the

Read more at: http://www.koat.com/article/teen-accused-of-mass-shooting-will-remain-behind-bars/12153437

Spy boss accused of showing ‘tacit support’ for Philippines drug murders in photo with Rodrigo Duterte

Updated

August 24, 2017 05:15:14

ASIS director-general Nick Warner meets Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte in Manila (Photo: Presidential Broadcast Staff)Video: ASIS director-general Nick Warner meets Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte in Manila (Photo: Presidential Broadcast Staff)

(ABC News)

The chief of Australia’s foreign spy agency has been accused of a “sickening” act, after fist-pumping with the Philippines’ controversial leader.

ASIS director-general Nick Warner met Rodrigo Duterte at the presidential palace in Manila on Tuesday.

In a photo taken by the President’s staff, both are seen with their right hands in a fist — Mr Duterte’s

Read more at: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-24/australias-spy-chief-posing-with-duterte-claimed-to-show-support/8836800