The 58 victims killed in the mass shooting at a country music concert on the Las Vegas Strip in October died of gunshot wounds, the Clark County coroner reported Thursday.
According to the coroner’s list, 18 of the victims died of gunshot wounds to the head and 15 were shot in the back. Four were listed as suffering “multiple gunshot wounds.” The rest suffered predominantly chest, leg and neck wounds.
Stephen Paddock, the 64-year-old gunman, died by suicide — a gunshot through the mouth, according to Coroner John Fudenberg.
The massacre on Oct. 1 also left more than 500 others wounded when Paddock opened fire from the window of his room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino.
The gunman who opened fire on concert-goers in October at a Las Vegas outdoor music festival committed suicide by shooting himself in the mouth, the Clark County coroner’s office announced Thursday, adding that all 58 victims died of gunshot wounds.
“Our Coroner John Fudenberg has released additional information related to #1october,” Clark County tweeted. “The 58 victims died from a gunshot wound or wounds. Their deaths were ruled homicides. Suspect Stephen Paddock’s manner of death was suicide, the cause was an intraoral gunshot wound to the head.”
Pedestrians take photos of the broken windows on the 32nd floor where a gunman fired on an outdoor concert festival Sunday at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Oct. 2, 2017. The gunman, identified as Stephen Paddock, killed at least 58 people and injured hundreds of others attending the Route 91 Harvest Festival at an outdoor venue near the hotel.
By Ricardo Torres-Cortez (contact)
Thursday, Dec. 21, 2017 | 4:59 p.m.
Each of the 58 fatal victims of the Oct. 1 mass killing during the Route 91 Harvest festival on the Las Vegas Strip died from gunfire, Clark County officials announced today.
Eighteen of the victims were shot in the head, according to a list provided by the Clark County Coroner’s office almost three months after a gunman opened fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay, causing the worst mass shooting in
The Clark County Coroner’s office on Thursday released the official list of the 58 people who were killed in Sunday night’s mass shooting in Las Vegas.
Two of the last people to be confirmed dead were Brett Schwanbeck, 61, and Austin Meyer, 24.
Schwanbeck was attending the Route 91 Harvest country music festival with his fiancée Anna Orozco, according to a GoFundMe page set up by his family.
According to his family, Schwanbeck was injured in the first round of gunfire. Several people helped Orozco carry him to an awaiting ambulance, and he was taken to Sunrise Medical Center where he “fought a great fight to recover from his injuries.”
Schwanbeck, who was from Arizona, succumbed to his injuries on Tuesday.
“Brett was a great man that was funny, generous, kind, loving and so full of joy!” the GoFundMe page reads. “He
Ian Brady’s ashes must not be scattered on Saddleworth Moor, where he buried four of his child victims, a coroner has said.
Opening an inquest into the 79-year-old killer’s death, Christopher Sumner said he also wanted assurances that a funeral director and crematorium willing to take theMoors murderer’s body had been found.
Brady, who, along with his girlfriend Myra Hindley, tortured and murdered five children between 1963 and 1965, died in Ashworth secure hospital in Merseyside on Monday night without ever revealing where he had hidden the remains of Keith Bennett, a 12-year-old boy from Longsight in Manchester.
The cause of Brady’s death was heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, the inquest at Sefton coroner’s court heard.
Sumner, senior coroner for Sefton in Merseyside, said he would not release Brady’s body until certain conditions were met.