Tag Archives: vegas

Authorities provide update on Las Vegas mass shooting investigation

Read the LVMPD Preliminary Investigative Report here.

LAS VEGAS – Las Vegas authorities provided an update Friday on the investigation of October’s mass shooting.

Investigators say they have still not determined why Las Vegas mass shooter Stephen Paddock opened fire from his high-rise hotel suite, killing 58 people and injuring hundreds.

Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo told reporters Friday that investigators believe Paddock acted alone in the Oct. 1 shooting at the Mandalay Bay casino-hotel.

Lombardo says he does not expect charges to be filed against Paddock’s girlfriend, Marilou Danley, who had been previously called a person of interest in the case.

Lombardo said the investigation found that Paddock had possessed child pornography.

Friday’s news conference wase Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo’s first since October 13, when he altered the department’s timeline of the shooting. Lombardo has spoken about the investigation publicly since then in interviews with various media outlets.

The announcement of the news conference came

Read more at: http://fox59.com/2018/01/19/authorities-expected-to-provide-update-on-las-vegas-mass-shooting-investigation/

Couple who survived Las Vegas mass shooting receives free wedding

(Photo: Jordanne Barr and Jordan Adamczyke)

Jordanne Barr and Jordan Adamczyke survived a nightmare while attending the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas, as a gunman opened fire on the crowd.

Barr was shot in the arm and side. Her fiancé, Adamczyke, shielded her during the shooting to prevent her from being shot again.

Now, they get a chance to spend a lifetime healing together with the help of the Fairy Godmother Foundation.

Barr and Adamczyk don’t have to worry about a thing, with the foundation picking up the entire wedding tab, from the gown to venue.

The couple plans to use their future life together to honor those who lost their lives during the mass shooting.

The couple’s wedding date is saved on Oct. 6, 2019.

Read more at: https://www.wwaytv3.com/2018/01/18/couple-who-survived-las-vegas-mass-shooting-receives-free-wedding/

Couple who survived Las Vegas mass shooting receives free …

(Photo: Jordanne Barr and Jordan Adamczyke)

Jordanne Barr and Jordan Adamczyke survived a nightmare while attending the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas, as a gunman opened fire on the crowd.

Barr was shot in the arm and side. Her fiancé, Adamczyke, shielded her during the shooting to prevent her from being shot again.

Now, they get a chance to spend a lifetime healing together with the help of the Fairy Godmother Foundation.

Barr and Adamczyk don’t have to worry about a thing, with the foundation picking up the entire wedding tab, from the gown to venue.

The couple plans to use their future life together to honor those who lost their lives during the mass shooting.

The couple’s wedding date is saved on Oct. 6, 2019.

Read more at: https://www.wwaytv3.com/2018/01/18/couple-who-survived-las-vegas-mass-shooting-receives-free-wedding/

Vegas mass shooter’s Filipina girlfriend may still face charges

Mariou Danley and Stephen Paddock. INQUIRER FILE

LAS VEGAS — Defense attorneys Tuesday wondered if the Las Vegas Strip mass shooter’s Filipina girlfriend was unfairly being singled out after police lawyers claimed in court that criminal charges may still be in the case.

Las Vegas attorney Craig Drummond described the police statement as “bold when the only person whose name or inference has been put in the news is [the mass killer’s] girlfriend,” the Las Vegas Review Journal reported. https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/shootings/lawyers-claim-puts-attention-on-las-vegas-shooters-girlfriend/

Marilou Danley was initially considered a person of interest after her boyfriend, Stephen Paddock, opened fire on a concert on October 1 from his 32nd-floor Mandalay Bay room, killing 58 people before fatally shooting himself. But she agreed to cooperate and has publicly said she had no knowledge of his bloody plans.

Drummond said authorities may also be looking

Read more at: http://usa.inquirer.net/9523/vegas-mass-shooters-filipina-girlfriend-may-still-face-charges

Did Stephen Paddock Act Alone? Charges to Be Filed Soon Over Las Vegas Mass Shooting

Criminal charges could soon be filed for the mass shooting in Las Vegas that left 58 people dead in October 2017, even though authorities have said gunman Stephen Paddock acted alone, a lawyer for local authorities revealed in court Tuesday.

The news broke as Nick Crosby, an attorney for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, argued that search warrants, affidavits, and findings in the case must remained sealed as charges are investigated.

“Without naming names, there are potential charges against other people, because of the ongoing investigation?”, District Court Judge Elissa Cadish asked Crosby, Fox 5 Vegas reported.

“Yes, there are charges being investigated,” Crosby replied

He would not say who might be charged or what the charges might be, citing the ongoing investigation. Crosby did say, however, that the charges could come within the next

Read more at: http://www.newsweek.com/stephen-paddock-charges-las-vegas-shooting-783513

Indictment in Las Vegas mass shooting is possible, authorities say

Stephen Paddock was the only gunman spraying bullets on an outdoor music festival in Las Vegas last fall, but on Tuesday police said criminal charges could still be filed in the mass shooting that left 58 people dead.

The revelation came in district court as Nick Crosby, a lawyer representing the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, argued to keep search warrants, affidavits and findings sealed as charges were being investigated. Police have said Paddock was the lone gunman in the Oct. 1 massacre.

Crosby said that because the investigation was ongoing, he couldn’t reveal who those charges might be aimed at or what they might entail.

He said the charges could emerge within the next 60 days.

Charges possible in Las Vegas mass shooting, attorneys say – ABC …

Criminal charges may be filed in connection with the Las Vegas mass shooting that killed 58 people and injured hundreds more, attorneys for the Las Vegas Metro Police Department said in court on Tuesday.

The hearing, which took place in a Clark County District Court, was held to determine whether the media should be given access to more search warrant documents involving the shooting.

Police department attorney Nicholas Crosby told Clark County District Judge Elissa Cadish that while no one may be indicted for the actual murders, “There are charges being investigated.”

The police department has been arguing against the release of the documents due to the ongoing investigation, but lawyers for the media said that because shooter Stephen Paddock is dead, there is no prosecution pending against him, so the documents are no longer sensitive.

PHOTO: Las Vegas gunman Stephen<p data-recalc-dims=Read more at: http://abcnews.go.com/US/charges-las-vegas-mass-shooting-attorneys/story?id=52387301

Indictment in Las Vegas mass shooting possible, police say

Stephen Paddock was the only gunman spraying bullets on an outdoor music festival in Las Vegas last fall, but on Tuesday police said criminal charges could still be filed in the mass shooting that left 58 people dead.

The revelation came in district court as Nick Crosby, a lawyer representing the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, argued to keep search warrants, affidavits and findings sealed as charges were being investigated. Police have said Paddock was the lone gunman in the Oct. 1 massacre.

Crosby said that because the investigation was ongoing, he couldn’t reveal who those charges might be aimed at or what they might entail.

He said the charges could emerge within the next 60 days.

Las Vegas mass shooting survivors, still hurting, gather in Riverside for comfort

Unsealed search warrants reveal new details about the Las Vegas massacre that left 58 people dead


Mandalay Bay las vegas shooting
A
member of the FBI leaves the Mandalay Bay hotel following the
mass shooting in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S., October 4,
2017.

REUTERS/Chris
Wattie